3 lb. corned beef brisket with spices (look for uncured, preservative, and nitrate-free)
½ large onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
3 ribs celery stalks, chopped
½ head green cabbage, chopped in quarters
4 cups water, or enough to cover brisket
1. Add corned beef brisket and the spices to a slow cooker.
2. Pour enough water over the brisket to just cover the whole roast.
3. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Cover and slow cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
4. Add cabbage the last half hour of cooking time. Cover and continue to cook for the remaining 30 minutes.
5. Remove vegetables and cabbage with a slotted spoon from the slow cooker to drain excess liquid.
6. Remove corned beef and slice against the grain. Serve and enjoy!
Inspired by Beauty and the Foodie