Grains are a hot topic in the nutrition world. When i’m working with patients I commonly get asked “should I avoid grains?” My programs are not about deprivation. My goal is to help you find out the foods for your own bio-individuality to help you reduce inflammation and restore gut integrity. It takes experimentation and patience to find out what foods work best for YOUR body. Most people follow a better, more health-promoting diet if they’re allowed grains in reasonable amounts.
We all metabolize grains differently. Some people can thrive on grains, while others end up feeling inflamed, depleted and drained.
- Only eat 100% grains. Nothing refined
- Soak grains before cooking
- About 1⁄2 cup cooked or the size of a tennis ball is an appropriate serving size
- To optimize weight-loss especially during a detox, grains are best tolerated either first thing in the morning or within 1 hour of a workout
- If you find you are hungry within 2 hours of eating grains, then most likely they do not agree with your body type and you should avoid them
We offer comprehensive testing for food sensitivities and can determine which grains are right for you and which ones should be avoided.
To schedule an appointment call my office at 843-884-4466
Learn more healthy habits at Dr. Tiffany Jackson’s 5-week Master Class Course at Naturalmedicinenow.com or to become a patient please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Source: Canva