Saunas have been used for hundreds of years and for good reasons: detoxification, mental clarity, natural weight loss, prevention of illness, and more. For those who don’t like saunas- with its humidity, heat, the feeling of being too hot to handle more than a few minutes- the Infrared Sauna is perfect! It only heats 20% of the air and leaves 80% of it to heat your body, allowing the air to be cooler and more easy to breathe. It makes you sweat 6 times more than you usually do, burning up to 600 calories in 30 minutes! Come in to EcoHealth Wellness Center & Detox Spa, LLC., to try it for yourself and experience all the amazing benefits.
“I have just started using far infrared sauna about a week ago…I’m sold! You can burn up to 600 calories in one hour and it’s a total detox!” I interviewed America’s Integrative Pharmacist Dr. Lori about this topic and told her to send me a note about the benefits. – Randy Alvarez / CEO The Wellness Hour Inc. Dr. Lori wrote: Saunas have been used in Europe, especially the Scandinavian region, for hundreds of years. The Finns popularized sauna use by utilizing sauna for mental, spiritual , and physical cleansing. In the United States, Native American Indians used “sweat lodges” for cleansing and purifying, recognizing the benefit of a sweat, as well. Centuries of our ancestors have experienced the tremendous benefit of sauna.
Traditional sauna uses heat and humidity to warm the air, which in turn warms your body. There are increasingly more controlled studies being completed utilizing “Far”-infrared sauna (FIS). FIS uses light to create heat and only heats 20% of the air, leaving 80% of the heat available to heat the body. This in turn warms the body more efficiently at lower temperatures with warm and dry heat, making FIS more accessible to people who cannot tolerate the excessive heat and humidity seen in traditional sauna. By breathing cooler air, many users of FIS report a feeling of warmth and well-being as an after effect. The appeal of saunas is that they cause reactions, such as vigorous sweating and increased heart rate, similar to those experienced during moderate exercise. FIS may induce up to 2 to 3 times the volume of sweat produced in a traditional sauna while operating at significantly cooler temperatures. In addition, infrared heat panels are so safe that they are even used in hospital nurseries to warm newborns. Many medical journals tout the benefits of sauna.
Detoxification of the body can optimize the efficiency of the immune system. Toxins in the body can accumulate in the skin and the liver and sweating is one of the body’s natural ways to remove toxins…. As a result, detox helps avoid disease, prevent illness and improve general health and vitality. FIS heats the body from the core, therefore, it allows you to sweat up to 7 times more toxins than traditional saunas. Daily sweating can help detox the body as it rids itself of accumulated heavy metals as well as alcohol, nicotine, sodium, and sulfuric acid.
FIS helps with acne by purifying the skin and cleansing the pores thus ridding accumulated dirt, cosmetics, blackheads and dry skin cells. Less toxins in the skin means healthier skin with improvements in skin complexion, tone, texture, elasticity and overall appearance. A weight loss benefit can be seen with FIS. Studies show that just 30 minutes can burn upwards of 600 calories! When using FIS core body temperature increases and the body works hard to cool it down which then causes an increase in heart rate, metabolic rate and cardiac output allowing you to burn calories while you relax.
Cardiac improvement can be seen in congestive heart failure, and improved circulation benefits individuals with high blood pressure, sciatica, hemorrhoids, and varicose veins. FIS can help you maintain healthy levels of your stress hormones, like cortisol, thus leading to relaxation, better sleep and an overall feeling of being refreshed and rejuvinated. FIS works by deeply penetrating joints, muscle and tissues, which increase circulation and speeds oxygen flow. Many physicians recommend FIS for Pain Relief and to athletes for sports injuries, fibromyalgia, and other chronic pain syndromes. In 2009, authors published a study in Clinical Rheumatology. Patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis were treated with infrared sauna. After 4 weeks and a total of 8 treatments, pain and stiffness decreased significantly and improvement was seen in fatigue.
Article and picture from: http://www.wellnesshour.com/2012/08/22/benefits-of-a-far-infrared-sauna/
Article by The Wellness Hour